Hoosier Memorial United Methodist Church is seeking to hire a Director of Music. Interested persons should submit their resume to Pastor Gary Dean via email at email@example.com or regular mail to 2545 Benjamin E. Mays Drive, SW, Atlanta, GA 30311.
Description of Position:
Administration of Music Department and provide leadership and supervision of professionals and volunteers involved in the music ministry. The Director of Music will report to the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
* Minimum of bachelor’s degree with at least five years of related experience in music ministry
* Experience in choral direction, arranging and accompanying a variety of genres
* Proficient piano and/or organ skills
* Effective administrative skills
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
Salary and Benefits:
* Salary: Negotiable
* Vacation: Full-time – two weeks paid vacation per year
* Part-time – no paid vacation
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
* In consultation with the Senior Pastor, plan and implement appropriate music for Sunday worship service
* Direct Hoosier’s Gospel Choir, Male Chorus, Praise Team and Mass Choir. Coordinate the rehearsal and performance schedules of the appropriate music groups and individuals within the functions of the church
* Supervise the work of contracted and volunteer music staff (e.g. accompanists and directors) and conduct monthly staff meetings with Pastor and musical staff.
* Meet monthly with the music staff to coordinate rehearsals and worship services. Meet with the Worship Committee as needed to plan worship and special services
* Contract with individual musicians, both from within and without the community, to provide special music as necessary
* Coordinate with sound team regularly to plan for Audio/Visual requirements
* Accompany choir on all church related engagements without additional pay
* Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment, including music materials, supplies, instruments and other music equipment for use in the church’s music program
* Seek and develop a database of qualified instrumentalists, accompanists, soloists and substitute organists.
* Recommend the financial needs of the music ministry (budget development) to the church Staff Parish Relations Committee and Pastor
* Prepare reports necessary to keep the church fully informed concerning the music ministry
1. The Director of Music is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee for meeting all goals and objectives. The Senior Pastor shall provide a written evaluation on job performance to be reviewed with the Director of Music at a minimum of once per calendar year. This evaluation shall be stored in the permanent records by SPRC Chairperson/Secretary. It will also be used by the SPRC in decisions regarding continuation and/or dismissal of contract.
2. The Director of Music is accountable to all members of the music staff (paid and volunteer) as the direct supervisor. The Director of Music shall provide feedback to each music staff resource on performance at mid-year, year-end and as needed per calendar year. The Director of Music shall provide performance feedback regarding music staff to the Senior Pastor upon request.