Cascade United Methodist Church (Atlanta, GA) is seeking a part-time (20-25 hrs/week, including Sundays) Director of Children’s Services. We are looking for a Christ-centered and dependable leader who will be responsible for developing, promoting and implementing a comprehensive Christian Education program and outreach activities that will inspire and disciple children and their families. Responsibilities include: • Recruiting, training, coordinating and supervising staff/volunteers for all areas of Children’s Programs.
May be asked to organize and plan preschool and elementary children’s church service. * Research, implement and evaluate resource materials children/youth programs. * Recommend changes and modifications to established programs and curriculum. * Work with other youth/children ministry leaders to ensure continuity among Christian Education Programs. * Send correspondence to children and parents as needed. * Formulate annual budgets for nursery and preschool and elementary-level age groups. * Oversee planning and coordination of programs and seminars; i.e. VBS, camps, etc. * Communicate and consult with teachers, children and parents regarding Children’s Ministry. * Select and evaluate Children’s Ministry personnel. * Provide minor emergency and first-aid procedures; maintain first-aid supplies and equipment. * Oversee coordination of childcare for church-wide meetings/events. * Other duties/special projects as determined by management. * Attend staff meetings.
Bachelor‘s degree in Children’s Ministry, Christian Education and/or equivalent experience.| Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience leading a children ministry program, including managing a team of both paid/unpaid staff; i.e. nursery workers, volunteers, etc. | Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing programs/projects. | Effective oral and written communication and time management skills; self-disciplined. | Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office or with similar software. | Willingness to complete a CPR certification course for infants/children at CUMC’s expense. | Successful completion of Safe Sanctuaries Training as required by The North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Advanced Degree in Early Childhood Development and/or equivalent field of study. * Demonstrate Christ-centered character and a commitment to the local church and the church universal. * Have a strong biblical faith and active prayer life and possess an inherent passion and sense of call for children and youth and family ministry.
To apply for this part-time position, please submit resumѐ and cover letter to Gracie White, Assistant to the Executive Director, at email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. | Friday, October 6, 2017.
Tuskegee Wesley Foundation Director
The Tuskegee Wesley Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Director/Campus Minister.
Tuskegee University has become one of the top ten Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) in the country. The Tuskegee Wesley Foundation works to challenge and develop Tuskegee University student leaders through Discipleship, Leadership, Faith Formation, and Mission.
Qualified candidates must at minimum have a bachelor's degree. Ordination and a seminary degree are preferred; however, qualified lay persons and certified candidates will be considered. Membership in the Pan-Methodist Church is required.
The candidate we seek has a blend of creative talents, relational and organizational skills. There must be a demonstrated passion for collegiate ministry, mission outreach, and overall Christian faith formation. Demonstrated leadership with African American students is highly desirable. Strong preaching and teaching skills are a must. Candidates should be eager to engage and encourage current student leaders, interns, and student alumni in the mission and vision of the Tuskegee Wesley Foundation and the Church.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Anticipated start date is June of 2017. Applicants should submit a resume, three letters of reference and a letter of interest. Please include in your letter of interest a Strength Finders profile with your top 5 strengths and your Meyer’s Briggs Personality Type Indicator.
The links for these are as follows:
Strength Finders: https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/Purchase/en-US/Product?Path=Clifton%20StrengthsFinder (there is a $15 cost).
Meyer’s Briggs: http://www.keirsey.com/default.aspx (This is the Keirsey version. It is free)
The letter of interest should include the following:
a. Experience with youth or young adults and collegiate life.
b. Gifts/skills for ministry-Significant accomplishments in the past 2 years.
c. Your passion and vision for campus ministry.
d. Demonstrate a heart for local and global ministry.
Send all correspondence via email to Lisa Pierce. Only complete packets will be considered.
Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is February 15th, 2017.
Tuskegee Wesley Foundation
608 North Dibble Street
Tuskegee, AL. 36088
Hoosier Memorial United Methodist Church is seeking to hire a Director of Music. Interested persons should submit their resume to Pastor Gary Dean via email at email@example.com or regular mail to 2545 Benjamin E. Mays Drive, SW, Atlanta, GA 30311.
Description of Position:
Administration of Music Department and provide leadership and supervision of professionals and volunteers involved in the music ministry. The Director of Music will report to the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
* Minimum of bachelor’s degree with at least five years of related experience in music ministry
* Experience in choral direction, arranging and accompanying a variety of genres
* Proficient piano and/or organ skills
* Effective administrative skills
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
Salary and Benefits:
* Salary: Negotiable
* Vacation: Full-time – two weeks paid vacation per year
* Part-time – no paid vacation
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
* In consultation with the Senior Pastor, plan and implement appropriate music for Sunday worship service
* Direct Hoosier’s Gospel Choir, Male Chorus, Praise Team and Mass Choir. Coordinate the rehearsal and performance schedules of the appropriate music groups and individuals within the functions of the church
* Supervise the work of contracted and volunteer music staff (e.g. accompanists and directors) and conduct monthly staff meetings with Pastor and musical staff.
* Meet monthly with the music staff to coordinate rehearsals and worship services. Meet with the Worship Committee as needed to plan worship and special services
* Contract with individual musicians, both from within and without the community, to provide special music as necessary
* Coordinate with sound team regularly to plan for Audio/Visual requirements
* Accompany choir on all church related engagements without additional pay
* Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment, including music materials, supplies, instruments and other music equipment for use in the church’s music program
* Seek and develop a database of qualified instrumentalists, accompanists, soloists and substitute organists.
* Recommend the financial needs of the music ministry (budget development) to the church Staff Parish Relations Committee and Pastor
* Prepare reports necessary to keep the church fully informed concerning the music ministry
1. The Director of Music is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee for meeting all goals and objectives. The Senior Pastor shall provide a written evaluation on job performance to be reviewed with the Director of Music at a minimum of once per calendar year. This evaluation shall be stored in the permanent records by SPRC Chairperson/Secretary. It will also be used by the SPRC in decisions regarding continuation and/or dismissal of contract.
2. The Director of Music is accountable to all members of the music staff (paid and volunteer) as the direct supervisor. The Director of Music shall provide feedback to each music staff resource on performance at mid-year, year-end and as needed per calendar year. The Director of Music shall provide performance feedback regarding music staff to the Senior Pastor upon request.